Monday, March 9, 2009

Fuzzy navel

When I was a little girl my bedroom was painted a warm peachy color. When I got old enough to choose my own color, however, I remained true to every shade of blue. Years later I have come back around to recognize the color apricot/coral/peach/sedona sunset to be a very warm and soothing color. It is a color that carries almost any other color very well. It can be played up or toned down. Back in the 80s and early 90s there was this huge trend around here to decorate in a native american theme. Think old-school Home Interiors of aztec prints and babies in papooses. There was peach and seafoam green EVERYWHERE. Blechh! Who knew back then that those colors could be so refined and beautiful? No one that I knew. That's who.

photo from Traditional Home.

No comments: