Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mostly Rainy





Sunshine seems to be a very rare thing to see around here this summer.  As a matter of fact, it started raining again five minutes after I took these pics.  We broke a weather record.  It's officially the rainiest summer for our area since 1905.  It's raining as I type.  And it flooded again last night.  (third time, so far)  Everything smells musty and wet.  There are sinkholes all over the place.  Trees uprooting everywhere.  It's a mess. 

On the upside, my clematis vine is blooming like crazy and I got to chill in my hammock for a full five minutes the other day.  Awesome. 


5 comments:

Color Me Green said...

flowers and hammock...sounds like a dream. my boyfriend wanted a hammock for our yard but too many mosquitos.

Michelle said...

I kinda love the rain though! Its cooler, and moody. Usually its just hot as balls and gross. Yes, your clemantis is going freaking gang busters! LOVE your short hair, been loving that pic for a while.

Daniella said...

We have earwigs all over the place because of all the rain and dampness. It's totally freaking me out! We've killed at least 30. Oh and hey... it's raining again here too. Ha!

Enjoy your weekend!

Jo said...

Ahhh! Don't get me started on the mosquitoes and other insects that seem to thrive in this weather!

And, Michelle, unfortunately my mood has matched the weather a little too much lately.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.