Monday, February 24, 2014

Learning Curve



 2012 was the year of upheaval.  2013 was mostly spent just trying to hold on while the earth kept spinning.  But 2014 is shaping up to be the year of self realization.  Quite possibly a year of tearing down and rebuilding.

Why should it take so long to actually learn who we really are?  Or am I the only one who, at 33, feels like I am finally figuring out that I am not at all the person that I have been pretending to be for all these years?  It's like there is a huge disconnect between the person I was designed to be and the person that I have been trying to be for so long.  The Lord seems to be washing my eyes of all the disillusionment that is this life.

Of course, I understand that we are always learning.  Always changing.  That is how life works.  I remember my ex boss from my last job telling me one time that what you think is an integral part of your life and who you are at this point will not even be important to you in the future.  I knew, of course, that he was right.  But part of me didn't want to believe him.  It just seems like we should know ourselves better than that.

When was the last time you really thought about what makes you "tick"?  What makes you "you"?  What are you really passionate about?  I believe these are the things that shape who we are supposed to be in this life.  There is a deeper reason for everything that makes us "us".

I want to find out what those reasons are.  I want to know what I am supposed to be doing with this life of mine.  I want to know what God's plan for me is.  I want more. I want more joy, more purpose, more fulfillment, more creativity. 

~I want to become the person I was meant to be.~




1 comment:

Kristin W said...

Such great wisdom here! I like to think that it's only within the past two years that I've at least gotten a better grip on who I am. I hope you succeed in the search to find out who you were meant to be.