Thursday, November 6, 2008

how sweet it is



Today is my birthday. And what a beautiful day it is to be adding a year to my age. The sky is a brilliant blue and the sun is shining. Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees, but its still a gorgeous day. I'm looking forward to having dinner with my family. Mom always cooks whatever we want for our birthdays. So tonight I will be having spinach stuffed chicken, carrots, mashed potatoes and chocolate bread pudding for dessert.

The card above is from my great friend M. If you can't read it clearly, it says "A constant friend is a thing rare and hard to find". I have found over the years that this is very true. But thankfully there are a few out there. I am blessed to have a few myself. I am also blessed to have a wonderful husband who spent way more money than he should have on a really special birthday present for me. The future may be uncertain and the economy may be faltering, but I thank my Lord for His wonderful blessings and all the love that I receive each day.

My cup of love runneth over right now. So I'm sending it out to all of you (or any of you who may actually run across this). I hope your heart is warmed with love this day.

No comments: