Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Take a Break


I'm starting to think that it's never going to be summertime around here. The weather keeps defaulting back to cold for some crazy reason. Really putting a damper on my spirits. I'm dreaming of sunny days and warm breezes, cookouts and catnaps. These bright, warm spaces are doing a little bit to boost my mood. Does this kitchen not make you jealous?





I'm sorry that I took a little hiatus and didn't tell you anything about it. I have been feeling like I don't have anything together lately. I have a long list of things that I intended to get done last week, but didn't. And a long list of things still waiting to be finished. My mind can't seem to settle on one task these days. Instead, its flitting around like a butterfly in a tornado.
BUT, oddly enough, I have been blessed with some new ideas to work on. I have projects in the works for my shop. I have plans for things to do around the house. And I have decided to start up a new weekly post here on the blog called "Why I...". You'll get to see how that works soon.
And just so you know, you will have a giveaway before the weekend. So maybe I have gotten more done that I thought! Now, if only the sun would shine.....
Happy Wednesday, friends.
*all photos from House Beautiful.



5 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love that kitchen!!

thenextarrow said...

i know exactly what you mean. i've had to take out and bring in the plants from the porch a few times now. is it summer yet?

love the tile in the kitchen!

xo Alison

Michelle said...

oh yes, I do love that kitchen, yes yes yes! Can't wait to see your new projects and your new posts :)

mukesh said...

it seems your mind is full of newness so the butterfly is on the way to rest in stillness.

Elise said...

You're allowed to take hiatuses (hiati?) without telling us - just as long as you come back.

"Butterfly in a tornado" is the perfect description. I feel the same way. All these assignments to get done and trying to fit in some creative writing as well, I just can't concentrate on either because I want to be doing the other. Frustrating.

I'm so glad you got your bags ready for the giveaway. I bet that felt like a good accomplishment. Well done, you.

Now go and have a good weekend. xx