Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Missing....

from here.
You know, one of the hardest things about being separated, for me, is the lack of physical contact.  I am such a touchy-feely person.  I like to be alone a lot, but more often than not, I still crave that human contact.  It doesn't necessarily have to be sexual in nature.  It just needs to be honest and caring.  I'm lucky to have a few friends who will stop by my house just to give me a nice big hug every now and then.  But, still, that isn't always enough.  Sometimes I just want to be shoulder to shoulder with someone while watching a movie.  Sometimes I want someone to reach across the table to touch my hand while telling a story over dinner.  Sometimes I just need that hug to last longer. 

Sometimes we all just need the touch of another human. 


2 comments:

Jen said...

Could not agree more!!

How you doing Hun? You've been on my mind lately and wanted to check in.

Have a great week!

♥ ♥ ♥

mimilove forever said...

Will a virtual hug help?! Well I'm sending a big one over! (((( )))) xx
:)