Monday, August 13, 2012

Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?

Sponge Bob Square Pants!!!!!


This past Friday was my niece's seventh birthday.  The little booger is totally enthralled by some Sponge Bob Square Pants.  So, my mom decided that we were going to make little mini Sponge Bob cakes for all the kids.  Thank you, mom, for being so brilliant. 
We spent most of a day working on these little sponge monsters.  And because we were short on icing, everything (even his stupid little eyelashes) had to be crafted out of fondant.  Sixteen scrawny arms.  Sixteen skinny legs.  Pants.  Shirts.  Ties.  Eyes.  Noses.  Mouths. 

I hated Sponge Bob before this project.  I really hated him by the time we finished.  But the kids thought they were pretty cool.  (thank goodness)  What I really want to know is this. Is Sponge Bob Square Pants not the stupidest cartoon ever put on television????!!!!????  I mean, seriously.  It is so damn obnoxious.  The characters are so stupid.  And then the kids who watch the show end up acting just like them!  Which is shameful, really.  We are dumbing down our future.  And would someone please tell me why there seems to be no floating going on in that show?  If they didn't point it out in the theme song, you would never guess that they were even under water.  

Ever watch iCarly?  That's another show that I just can't hardly stomach.  Same story.  Obnoxious and stupid.  I am really starting to wonder what this next generation is going to grow up to be like.  It's a scary thought, folks.  Really scary. 

But for now, I'll just hope that we can instill some good sense in our little Bob fan and hope that her future is brighter than Bikini Bottom.  Here's to being seven. 


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Awwww.....cute!!! Happy Birthday to her:)))
(And I agree on the stupidity of it all. What happened to educational shows?
:)

annelise said...

Nice job! The little Sponge Bobs look so good.

I've managed to escape fairly unscathed from the whole children's show thing. I mean, I've been subjected to hours of The Wiggles on repeat, but only a handful of times. If that's the worst of it, it's not too bad (but it really is bloody awful).

Happy birthday to your niece!