Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Color Conquest

With the color forecast calling for more white in my area (snow, again), my tired eyes just keep seeking out super saturated color bombs.

Being a child of the 80s, my love for crazy fluorescent neon runs deep. Ever since my mom made a few pairs of neon yellow and watermelon pink leggings for me when I was little, highlighter colors have been a glowing bright spot in my psyche. (I still buy glowsticks by the dozens.)

The current trend embraces pops of fluorescent in small doses. Neon nails. Hot pink lips. An acid green belt or electric blue shoes. How about a shot of toxic yellow dangling from your ears? A flourish of neon orange peeking from behind sweet white scallops? These are the designs of Conquest Jewellery.





Yes, I know that gold is not classified as neon, but hello, how could I not share that with you? Don't those colors look just amazing against her gorgeous skin?
Conquest is definite eye candy at its best. But like most eye candy, it comes at a steep price. But it never hurts to look, right?

3 comments:

E said...

I just love those first earrings. How gorgeous.

I keep reading about the snow forecasts in the States, it sounds absolutely insane. Hope it's not driving you too crazy. Take care, lovely.

Amy @ Varnish said...

I'm really wanting those first earrings now. Add those to the list. Sigh.

Sarah Klassen said...

That's right! I really like the very first pair -- I have always wanted to wear such colors in a great way, but, with my pale skin, it just wouldn't have the same amazing effect.

However, soooo lovely to look at :)