Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shine

Today the world outside my window is covered in a thick layer of ice. Last Friday brought snow, followed by just enough sun to start melting it, followed by a drizzle of rain, followed by freezing temperatures, which has resulted in the current ice storm we are experiencing now. It seems like this winter is never going to end.

I am, however, determined to stay optimistic! And what better way to do that than with massive doses of color? My inspiration comes from an interior makeover that I saw on Design Sponge a while back. I don't remember what the before shot looked like. I just know that this bright, airy space is full of happy colors, shapes and textures. And look at those dining chairs!

One of the colors that I love is the cool aqua blue, which sort of grounds the space and makes it feel peaceful instead of psychedelic. A touch of zen on your hand? Try this gorgeous ring from One Garnet Girl. I had seen this ring before and my mind just kept wanting to tie its image with the one above.

Then, of course, any time I am needing a color fix I head over to Pretty Lil Things. So vibrant! You can find a darling little doll face clutch to match just about any hue mood. Is that not the cutest thing ever?

Wherever you are; warm or cold, sunny or rainy, I hope you are safe and warm and smiling. Happy Tuesday all.






4 comments:

{g} said...

the ring is beautiful + adore the dining chairs -- happy tuesday!

E said...

I'm in love with that ring. I love the white rooms too but fear I'm too messy and untidy to even look at them too closely.

Sarah Klassen said...

Stunning -- I like both those rooms. The grey with yellow, black, white and aqua -- drooling...and the dining room is the perfect room to follow with those fun, printed chairs.

Thanks for sharing these great spaces and pretty items. I feel refreshed already :)

Michelle said...

I saw that room too, love the dining room chairs! Thanks for stopping by and saying nice things about my house :)