Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home

from here.

My head is in the house planning zone again.  We're still waiting for the loan to go through so we can start grading the house seat out.  But I am the type of person who likes to be prepared ahead of time.  We aren't even moving dirt yet and I am already picking out paint colors and trying to figure out furniture arrangements.   As a matter of fact, I have quite a bit of my decisions already made, it's just a matter of getting to that point. 

There is, however, one thing that keeps nagging at me.  It's the fact that I tend to save a lot of images of white walled interiors as inspiration, yet, I have no intention of leaving any of my walls white except in my work room.  As much as I like white walls in theory, I never can seem to live with them in real life.  I feel like the room isn't "finished" if there isn't color on the walls.  I know this is silly.  Some of my very favorite inspiration spaces have white walls.  Other people do white walls beautifully.  But me?  I just can't commit. 

from here.
What I can commit to?  A perfect, warm, inviting, unobtrusive, not-exactly-white.  I don't like the words beige or greige or khaki or tan.  But if you call it something pretty, like white sand or halo, I'm all for it.  As a matter of fact, Benjamin Moore's white sand is the color that will be adorning my main living area (kitchen, dining, living room), adding just enough warmth to contrast with the white trim. 

Now, as for the rest of the house......?  Well, you'll just have to wait and see.


1 comment:

Color Me Green said...

well you have a whole HOUSE to decorate. you should go nuts with the dreaming. us new yorkers don't get to think much about that stuff, mostly just how to puzzle as much into as little space as possible.