Friday, June 5, 2009

* Just a note

For the inquiring minds who want to know.

My mom has made cakes as long as I can remember. It's never been a business, just something she does (and is amazingly talented at). I picked it up from her and have done a few wedding cakes of my own design. Mom used to have an album full of all the cakes she has made. Some idiot "borrowed" it and now its lost forever. We do have some pics I could share, however. They aren't on digital, so I'll have to scan them to the computer. When you make cakes in a small town like ours, word gets around. Mom used to stay covered up in cakes when I was little. She quit doing them for the public, though, when she started getting major headaches from the powdered sugar. So now she does cakes for family and close friends and I take on a wedding cake every now and then. Since I have a full time job, she does the baking for me. We make a pretty good team and, truthfully, have thought about starting a catering business for small events. But it takes money to make money and a catering business is a ton of work. So for now, its just a cake here and there.
Thanks for asking. Have a fabulous weekend.

* the pic is from my beach trip. I know it has nothing to do with cake. :)

No comments: