Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to the New Year


















First of all, let me just say that Blogger is screwing shit up again. My pictures are not going in the right places. So forgive me if things aren't looking quite right.

But let's not dwell on that. I need to tell you that Gus and I are finally on good terms. We are getting better at the whole schedule thing and he is much more comfortable on a leash now. Last Tuesday he went to get his boyhood snipped. I'm glad that's marked off the list. He's getting better at the going outside to potty deal. And, to be totally honest with you, I'm pretty much in love with him now. Well, not so much when he starts whining in the middle of the night because something scared him and he wants to sleep in our bed. And not so much when he gets too excited and drinks too much water and forgets all about that going outside to pee thing. But I am liking him more and more. The hub declares that he's a momma's boy.

I still miss the peace and quiet. I miss being able to sit down and read or draw or whatever without worrying about what he's chewing on. I hate having to clean my floors as often as a bank lobby. And my mornings are not at all what they used to be. But he's a pretty cute little shit head. I guess I'll keep him. (Not that I had a choice, you know.) The only pics you ever see of Gus may be sleeping pics. That is the only time that he sits still long enough to take a decent photo. Hopefully, that will change at some point.

As for the weekend, I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve. The hubby and I ended up not doing a dang thing. He rang in the New Year on his Xbox and I on Pinterest. Woohoo!
Well, that's it for tonight. I've got way too many exciting things to being doing, like washing dishes and folding laundry.
Happy New Year, dolls! See you later this week.

2 comments:

annelise said...

Happy new year to you too! I also chose to stay in, hired Bridesmaids and went to bed at 11.30am. I didn't, and still don't, regret it one little bit.

Dogs have a way of getting into your heart, the bastards. When I was a bit upset and sulky the other night, I sat and patted Woody and I was surprised that he stayed with me. If that had've been the cat, he would have stalked away from me. I don't know that I'll ever be a dog person but I can understand it a bit more now. And I think all the hard work you've got to put in now while Gus is a puppy will be so worth it later when he's a really well behaved dog.

Dawn said...

HAPPY HAPPY new year to you! (And oh boy...is he ever the cutest little sh$thead I ever did see;))
I was wondering if you kept him to tell you the truth;))
hugs for a new year ahead!!!!